Jackson Mountain Homes and our property owners make every effort to assure that all descriptions and representations from our staff, in our brochure, and on our internet site are accurate. However, we are not responsible for printing errors or changes made by owners in the furnishings or amenities. Prices, amenities, specials, seasons, and/or minimums are subject to change with or without notice. Any square footage noted is an approximation. It is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed or warranted.
A non-refundable, $300 payment is required on a credit card at the time of booking your reservation. Full and final payment of your rent, taxes and all applicable fees must be received in our office 45 days prior to arrival for 1-5 bedrooms, 90 days prior to arrival for 6-10 bedrooms or 180 days for 11+ bedrooms. Any bookings made within 45, 90 or 180 days respectively require full payment with a credit card at the time of booking. Acceptable payment methods include check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Please be sure to write the reservation number on the check for proper credit. Applicable specials or discounts will be applied at the time the reservation is confirmed by a reservation specialist. You will be charged for the unit you have selected based on the information in your rental agreement and the Policies and Procedures document published on our website. All advance prepaid rents are placed into an escrow account for JMH. Pursuant to TCA 62-13-104, Section 7 (D)(i), this may or may not be an interest bearing account. Interest accrues to the Agent. Send your payment to JMH, P.O. Box 110, Gatlinburg, TN 37738-0110. Policies and rates are set at time of booking. Any refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 10 days to process by issuing bank.
In addition to your rental charge, all reservations will be charged a processing fee and applicable taxes. This fee covers the cost of processing the booking and performing the pre-arrival inspection where we check the property for maintenance problems and verify the cabin is ready for guest arrival.
Terms of Protection – As a guest (the person registered and all persons occupying the same rental unit) you are entitled to the Peace of Mind Protection Plan while staying at a Jackson Mountain Homes’ property. The Peace of Mind Plan is subject to the conditions, terms, and the administrative procedures listed below. The maximum amount that the Plan will cover is $1500.00 per stay.
Conditions – The Peace of Mind Protection Plan has certain conditions. The Plan will not include liability for damage or theft resulting from:
*Intentional acts of a guest.
*Gross negligence or willful and wanton conduct.
*Any cause, if the Covered Guest does not report the damage to Jackson Mountain Homes’ staff.
*Theft without a police report.
*Damages caused by any pet or other animal brought onto the premises.
*The Plan applies only to the direct physical loss or damage to covered property. It does not cover loss of use of such property.
*Coverage does not apply for theft or damage of any property owned by or brought onto the premises by a Covered Guest.
Terms of the Plan – The Plan takes effect at check-in. All coverage shall terminate upon normal check-out time of the property or the departure of the Covered Guest, whichever occurs first.
Administrative Procedures – The Guest must report any loss or damage to the unit or its contents immediately to Jackson Mountain Homes management staff. This limited damage protection is void if not reported promptly. Representatives of Jackson Mountain Homes have ultimate administrative authority.
Only the guest named on the rental agreement may notify JMH either in written or verbal form of the request to cancel. Reservations are non-refundable if cancelled less than 45 days prior to arrival for 1-5 bedrooms, 90 days prior to arrival for 6-10 bedrooms and 180 days prior to arrival for 11+ bedrooms. There are no refunds for bad weather, snow, no-shows, late arrival or early departure. If Red Sky Travel Insurance was purchased, please review your policy for details.
Red Sky Travel Insurance is offered at the time of booking and at final payment. If purchased, the insurance coverage is underwritten by Arch Insurance Company and any non-insurance assistance services are provided by Red Sky’s designated provider. Please contact Red Sky Travel Insurance at 866-889-7409 if you have any questions.
Only the registered guest named on the rental agreement may notify JMH either in written or verbal form of the requested change and a new rental agreement will be issued that must be signed and returned to JMH. To shorten confirmed reservations, change dates or units, a $65 fee will be charged. Reservations cannot be changed or shortened after payment deadlines.
Check-in begins at 3:00pm and is only allowed for guests with a signed rental agreement. You will be sent an invitation to download our App which will give you directions to the cabin. On the day of arrival, you will be given door (and if applicable alarm) codes to get in unless your property has keys. If your property has keys, then you must check-in at the JMH Office, 1662 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738. We only have 5 hours to clean between departure and arrival time and we never want to compromise cleaning quality; therefore it is possible your check-in may be delayed during busy time periods. If you arrive early, you may have to wait to check-in if your property is not ready; however if your property is cleaned and inspected we will check you in
Not all properties are pet friendly. Please be specific with your request when booking. No more than two (2) pets (dogs or cats – no puppies or kittens) under 25 lbs. (unless otherwise noted) are allowed in approved pet friendly units and only with the prior written consent of JMH. A non-refundable pet fee of $80.00 plus tax will be charged and guests are responsible financially for any and all damages. Sorry, no pets allowed in units that do not accept pets. We can recommend local kennels if you desire. If it is found that you have an unapproved pet in your unit, you can be evicted without refund and/or charged a $100 penalty plus the real cost of any damages.
Please note locations of fire extinguishers and exits upon arrival. HEAT – Do not turn off heat during cold weather; in warm weather do not turn the AC thermostat below 70°, as this will cause the system to freeze up. REFRIGERATORS – DO NOT adjust temperature colder than the middle setting, as it may cause the unit to shut down. FURNISHINGS – Do not move furniture or pool tables; you may be charged to return items to their original position. Guest understands and agrees that it is the sole responsibility of the adults to safeguard children. For safety reasons, adults should supervise minors at all times.
Most of our homes are equipped with either a gas or wood burning fireplace(s). In homes having a wood burning fireplace(s), many local stores have firewood available for purchase. It is not recommended to bring firewood from your home. Kindling and/or fire starter logs are not provided. For condominiums, it is recommended that only compressed wax logs be used. Be certain the flu is open on all wood burning units prior to starting a fire. Keep spark screens in place at all times. Gas fireplaces will not be operational during the months of May through September. No foreign materials are to be burned in gas fireplaces. For your safety, never move the logs in the gas fireplace. Doing so can cause carbon monoxide and heavy black soot.
If internet access is provided in a property, it may not be used for any illegal purpose including but not limited to transmitting unlawful materials, harming minors or transmitting any materials that you do not have a right to make available under any law. Jackson Mountain Homes and the cabin owners will fully cooperate with any governmental investigation into illegal internet usage.
Properties may be smoking or non-smoking. Please be specific with your request when booking. JMH cannot guarantee that non-smoking units are never smoked in. When possible, please utilize the porches and outside areas in consideration of our non-smoking guests. Please do not discard smoking material on the grounds.
It is impossible to guarantee that all appliances, hot tubs, hot water heaters, fireplaces, etc. will be in working order 100% of the time. We do guarantee to make every effort to correct all deficiencies as soon as possible during normal business hours. Report all maintenance problems to the office, 436-8876. In case of a true maintenance emergency after hours please call 888-443-2704 for assistance. Non-emergency maintenance will be handled the next day. Guests should take reasonable action to secure the problem. Management reserves the right to perform interior and/or exterior maintenance during your stay. We will do our best to do so without inconvenience to you. Your silence indicates full acceptance of the unit and its condition.
Guest is expected to exercise safe, prudent, appropriate and cautionary use of the rental property. Guest shall notify the rental office of any element of the property that they feel needs attention and provide the rental office a reasonable amount of response time to assist Guest with remedy.
It is hereby understood and agreed that should a property be damaged and made uninhabitable by fire or other maintenance reasons beyond the control of JMH that another unit may be substituted (excludes weather/road conditions or other reasons covered by trip insurance). If no other unit is available the limit of liability by JMH or property owners is to refund any prepaid rents paid by the registered guest for said unit. Further, due to the lack of zoning and building inspection in parts of our market area, JMH does not warrant that properties under it’s management meet the specifications of any specific building code and JMH accepts no responsibility or liability for any injury, accident or incident that the cause in part or wholly may be attributed to design and/or building construction deficiency(s) with respect to the standards of any building code.
The rental homes managed by Jackson Mountain Homes are privately owned and are decorated and furnished to suit the owner’s taste and needs. Accommodations and amenities vary greatly. Please make sure that you inquire about all of your specific needs. The following is a list of basic items you will find in all of our rental homes: Heat & A/C, refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, basic pots & pans, dishes, flatware, utensils, Color TV(s), VCR(s) and/or DVD(s), fire extinguishers & smoke detectors, bed linens, pillows, towels, washcloths and bath mats along with a starter supply of laundry soap, bar soap, dish soap, and paper goods to meet the home’s maximum occupancy. Items that are NOT SUPPLIED typically include charcoal, kindling or fire starter, irons & ironing boards, extra blankets, cribs, laundry soap, plastic wrap, foil, coffee filters, condiments, spices or any type of food item. Not all homes are decorated for the holidays. Only artificial holiday decorations are permitted and all evidence of any Guest decorations must be properly disposed of upon departure. Only artificial Christmas trees are permitted.
To reserve a home, you can check availability and book online at jacksonmountainhomes.com or you may call our office between the hours of 9am to 6pm, 7 days a week. Our TOLL FREE reservation number is 1-(800) 473-3163. In order to save time, please have your credit card, the dates you want to come and your property requirements available when you call. All reservations require a valid credit card number on file and minimum age of booking guest and/or chaperone is 25 years old. (No College Groups allowed) After your reservation is made we will immediately send you a rental agreement. You have fifteen (15) days to receive, sign, and return the rental agreement to our office in order to confirm your reservation. For reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival, rental agreements must be faxed, emailed or returned by “next day” service.
The registered guest must contact JMH office and provide the name of the designated guest for check-in. Keys will only be issued to this person. It is the booking guest’s responsibility to coordinate all parties arriving separately and see to it that they have the necessary information to find their accommodations, including unit map and phone number. Guest arrival at the unit is not permitted prior to designated guest check in at the office.
Our homes are to be used for the QUIET enjoyment of our guests and are NOT to be used for parties, large gatherings or receptions beyond the sleeping capacity of the home. If you have need of a group facility or large gathering place, we have recommendations. “Disturbing the Peace” may result in eviction and/or loss of security deposit. The capacity of the home as stated on the rental agreement and the parking capacity cannot be exceeded. No campers or camping on the grounds of the rental home will be allowed.
Our vacation homes provide ample parking as noted on our website in the amenities section for each home. The number of parking spaces is based on the space available for standard automobiles. Parking on city streets is illegal except where designated.
NOTICE TO GUESTS BRINGING TRAILERS OR CAMPERS: Due to the hilly topography and limited parking in the Gatlinburg area it can be difficult to find parking for trailers or large vehicles. Campers are not allowed unless they are parked at an RV lot. We are sorry, but parking of guest vehicles and/or trailers in the JMH office parking lot cannot be accommodated.
All of our homes provide bed linens (sheets, pillowcases, 1 blanket & bedspread per bed), bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths and shower mats for the occupancy of the unit along with a starter supply of garbage bags, bar soap, dish soap, laundry soap, toilet paper and paper towels. The house is cleaned, hot tub is drained, sanitized, and refilled and beds (except sofa beds) are made prior to your arrival. Daily maid service is not provided and guests are expected to launder towels, etc. as needed during their stay. It is not necessary to wash towels or bed linen prior to departure. It is a good idea to bring a beach towel for hot tub & swimming use and in cooler months to bring extra blankets, as well as extra garbage bags, coffee filters and any condiments/spices desired for cooking.
All trash is removed by JMH from each unit at the end of each reservation. Please do not allow outside containers to overflow due to bear & animal problems. Daily trash removal is not provided, however, guests may use the dumpster behind the JMH office to dispose of excess trash during their stay. If staying 7 or more nights, JMH will provide one interim trash removal with a 24 hour advance request.
Though all units are sprayed regularly by a professional pest control company, ladybugs, wasps and other insects sometimes affect rental units. In the event of a major infestation, the office will call maintenance or pest control to attempt to solve the problem.
Guest and Guest’s Party Uses All Hot Tubs/Jetted Tubs/Swim Spas/Pools at Own Risk
Before you checked in, the hot tub was drained, cleaned, sanitized, refilled with water and chemicals were added to prepare the hot tub for your use. Using any hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool (no matter who owns it or where it is located) carries with it some serious risks. If your party fails to follow any of the rules we have set forth below, someone in your party could have an allergic reaction, become seriously ill, injured or die. For your own safety and the safety of everyone in your party, it is very important that you, the booking guest, follow and make sure everyone in your party is aware of and follows these rules.
- Solo Use: Never use the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa or pool alone.
- Children: Children should be supervised by an adult at all times when using the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool. Children under 5 years of age may not use the hot tub/swim spa.
- Chemical Dispenser: Never remove the floating chemical dispenser from the hot tub/swim spa. Dispenser must stay in hot tub/swim spa at all times in order to promote sanitary conditions. Guest is responsible to insure that the floating chemical dispenser is set at #4 and that chemical tablets are in the dispenser. If the floater is empty or low, notify office immediately so it can be refilled.
- Medical Conditions: People with allergies to bromine/chlorine/water treatment chemicals or have the following medical conditions or susceptibilities must not use the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool:
- Persons using any medication for, or anyone with a medical condition including, but not limited to, obesity, heart disease, low or high blood pressure, thyroid disease, multiple sclerosis, diabetes or circulatory system problems unless the person’s treating physician has advised the person that hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa use will be safe.
- Pregnant women and women who may possibly be pregnant. Hot water temperatures have a high potential for causing harm to the fetus during the early months of pregnancy.
- Individuals who have or may have suppressed or weak immune systems.
- Since infection spreads rapidly in hot water do not use hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa if you have open wounds or infections of any kind.
- Contact Lenses: Remove contact lenses before entering the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa.
- Limited Usage: Always exit the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa after 15 minutes of use to give your body temperature time to normalize. Prolonged use can cause rashes or infection.
- Storms: Never use the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa or pool during a thunderstorm. Wait 20 minutes after the last thunderclap before entering the water.
- Shower: Always shower before and after using the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool.
- No Alcohol or Drugs: The use of alcohol or drugs in or around the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool is extremely dangerous. The combination of hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool and intoxicants may lead to unconsciousness and the possibility of drowning.
- Temperature: Never adjust the temperature of the water in the hot tub/swim spa above 104 degrees. Check water temperatures before entering. It should never exceed 104 degrees. Lower water temperatures are recommended for children.
- Hyperthermia: Any heated water use can result in Hyperthermia (heat stroke), a dangerous condition brought about by excessive heat. The symptoms include: sweating, dizziness, nausea, light-headedness, convulsions, increased pulse rate, shallow breathing and possible unconsciousness. If you suspect hyperthermia, get medical help immediately.
- Submersion: Never allow your head to submerge in hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa. Long hair can become lodged in the intake of hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool.
- Slip & Fall: Be careful not to slip when entering, leaving or using the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool. The surrounding area may be moist or wet.
- Cover & Lock: The hot tub must always be covered and locked when not in use. This is for the safety of your family and any children in the area. Never let anyone of any age sit or stand on cover – it will not support a person’s weight. A $350.00 charge will result from breakage.
- No Electrical Appliances: Do not bring any electrical appliance, such as a light, telephone, radio or television within 15 feet of the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool.
- Foreign Material: Never use any soaps, oils or fragrance of any type or introduce any other foreign materials in the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool. This could cause damage to the equipment and affect the chemical balance of the tub and/or pool and cause a dangerous situation.
- Jewelry & Fabrics: Discoloration of certain fabrics may occur in hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool. Jewelry should never be worn. Permanent damage to jewelry can occur. Bathing suits should not be worn for extended periods after use of hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool due to the possibility of skin irritation or infections.
- Water Hose: Never leave water hose attached to spigot due to danger of freezing.
- Office Notification of Problems or Concerns: If there are any problems with the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool, including but not limited to any mechanical, electrical, chemical or water quality concerns, please call the property management office immediately and do not enter the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool until it has been serviced.
- No Guarantee: Jackson Mountain Homes cannot guarantee, especially after use, that bacteria will remain eliminated by the hot tub/jetted tub/swim spa/pool chemicals. Should you have any concerns relating to cleanliness please contact the office (865-436-8876) immediately. The cost of cleanings due to failure to follow these rules may be charged to the guest.
Most of our homes have normal local telephone service, some offer FREE unlimited long distance (domestic calls only), and some offer “High Speed Internet”. Please refer to the specific property page on our website to determine the level of these services.
All of our homes are privately owned and most are equipped with residential telephone service. If the home you have rented is equipped with residential telephone service, please feel free to leave the phone number for the home (located on the top of your rental agreement) you have rented with relatives and emergency contacts. There is no mail service to our homes. If you require mail or shipping delivery, please note the following address:
Shipping: U.S. Mail, UPS, Fedex, etc.
Guests Name, Unit Name
c/o Jackson Mountain Homes
1662 East Parkway
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
JMH and/or the property owner are not responsible for personal property left behind, stolen or damaged during your stay. Never leave valuables (cash, wallets, jewelry, cameras, etc.) unattended. If you find you have left something behind, call our office at 865-436-8876 and we will try to locate the missing item(s). If the item(s) is located it will be returned to you via an independent shipping company at your expense. Items unclaimed more than 14 days will be disposed of or given to charity.
You will receive two sets of keys (or a code if the cabin is keyless) at Check-In. Extra sets may be requested. If you are locked out of your vacation home during business hours please come by the office for a loaner key. After hours, if you are locked out call our emergency number and we will meet you with a loaner key. Any after hours costs incurred shall be charged to the guest. Please leave your keys in the unit in the envelope provided on the dining table or deliver to the office at Check-Out.
Because our units are privately owned homes the method and level of TV service (cable or satellite) is determined by the owners and by the service that is available in the area. Premium channels are typically NOT available. JMH assumes no responsibility for TV reception or operation and cannot guarantee that specific channels will be available. At best, satellite systems can be confusing; however, it is the only television reception that is available to many of the units we manage. We will be happy to assist you by phone to help you with TV related problems. Television or VCR and/or DVD wiring must not be changed to facilitate use of games, etc. Not all units are equipped with stereo or CD Players.
For road conditions call 1-800-342-3258. In winter, though our weather is ordinarily fine, you should come prepared with extra food, 4-wheel drive, chains and a bag of snow melt. During periods of snow and ice, JMH reserves the right to cancel or transfer your reservation. Late arrival is not recommended. We cannot provide transportation of any kind!
The Gatlinburg, Tenn. area is growing rapidly and therefore it is necessary to plan for alternate routes to avoid traffic delays. With your reservation package you will be sent a complete map of the area with possible alternate routes to Gatlinburg or you may visit our Directions to Gatlinburg, Tennessee section for information. Construction in the area of your rental home is also possible. Please be tolerant and understanding.